It’s Christmas party season and if like me you struggle to know what to wear or just don’t have the time to put outfits together, we are sharing a fantastic Party Wear Capsule Wardrobe blog by Maria from Looking Stylish, who is an expert in putting outfits together and choosing the colours which suit you best.
Without any further ado, I will hand you over to Maria so she can explain how you can get the best looks out of your wardrobe with just a few added touches and if you love the outfit examples Maria has shown, you can even follow links to buy them, over to you Maria….
Party Wear Capsule Wardrobe by Looking Stylish
The party season is just around the corner and if you are a busy woman juggling work and home life, what to wear might not be top of your list. So for this week’s blog I have created an easy look that anyone can wear from items that you may already have in your wardrobe. If you don’t have anything similar it would make sense to invest in a mini capsule wardrobe that will work for parties at any time of the year. Then when a last minute invitation arrives you will know exactly what to wear.
There are a few key items to include in your mini party wear capsule wardrobe:
- A pair of smart tailored trousers – choose something with a sheen or perhaps a pair of palazzo pants or even velvet jeans. Your most versatile colour will be navy but if you have black already and don’t want to buy new just make sure you have a top in a colour that makes you look fabulous.
- Tops – look for something that is more dressy than your everyday tops or blouses. Choose a silk or lace top or something with embellishment. Pick one of your favourite colours or start your collection with neutral navy or cream.
- A pair of embellished or metallic shoes – metallics go with any colour and instantly add a touch of glamour to an outfit. Choose heels or flats depending on your preference.
- A few pieces of statement jewellery – If you have a plain top adding a crystal or intricate necklace will immediately make it more dressy.
- A neutral clutch bag – again metallics work well or choose navy if you have opted for navy trousers.
Here is an example of these pieces in an outfit that would work for any colouring. It’s dressy enough for a party but not over the top for a more relaxed event – perhaps just change the necklace for something smaller.
For this outfit I have chosen navy trousers (they have lace detail at the waist if you wanted to wear a top that tucks in) a simple tunic style top with a bit of sheen, a decorative pearl necklace and metallic shoes and bag.
Once you have this basic party wear outfit you can add to it with different coloured bags, shoes and jewellery to change the look. You can also add more coloured tops in your best accent colours and a second pair of trousers (or skirt) in either a neutral or an accent.
Here are some more ideas to suit your colouring:
For Light colouring I’ve chosen a pair of coated jeans in cream and a biscuit coloured lace top
For Deep colouring I have chosen rich berry coloured velvet trousers and a feather trimmed top
For Cool colouring I’ve stuck with navy trousers but added some hot and icy pinks.
For Warm colouring I’ve chosen autumnal olive velvet trousers and mixed them with rust and gold
For Bright colouring I’ve used black and white with Poppy red velvet jeans
For Soft colouring I’ve chosen muted grey crepe trousers with a soft mauve top and purple accessories
So, there you have an easy solution to party dressing dilemmas. Remember that it’s what is around your face that matters the most so jewellery or a necklace will lift a black top (see how I did this last week with a LBD) and buying a couple of tops in great colours for you will make black evening trousers work too. Don’t forget to add a lipstick in your best red or pink too.
Do you have any party wear staples that come out again and again? To get the best cost per wear from your wardrobe I highly recommend this strategy.
We hope you found Maria’s blog inspirational and helpful, if you would like to find out more about the services Maria offers, just click on this link Looking Stylish and if you would like a personalised colour dosier to see which colours suit you best, you can follow the links below for two special offers, created just for Life Begins At readers, the first offer is for a personalised colour and body shape dosier or you can just opt for the personalised colour dosier by clicking the second box, these would make amazing and unique Christmas gifts for a loved one…